Dr. John Kippen
Dr John Kippen is dedicated to providing the highest possible standard of care to every plastic or reconstructive surgery patient in his care.
Dr Kippen is a qualified, Australian trained, Consultant Specialist in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has additional Australian and International Fellowships.
- Speciality : Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Education : Bsc. MBBCh. FRACS
His professional memberships include:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) [Plastic])
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member of the Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- Member of the Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Dr Kippen completed his medical degree in 1989 and then commenced training in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery.
Dr Kippen completed two postgraduate specialist surgical exams and then worked in association with a general practice that included an emergency department which focused on aviation and rescue medicine. He also spent additional time in Critical and Intensive Care.
From this broad training base Dr Kippen continued surgical training at Royal North Shore Hospital and went on to complete advanced surgical training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He obtained a Fellowship with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS[Plastics]). He also completed additional fellowship training in Reconstructive Surgery, Micro Surgery and Hand Surgery.
Dr Kippen then completed further training at a specialist plastic surgery unit in London. He obtained additional training in general plastic surgery and more specifically, all aspects of facial plastic surgery and breast surgery. The facial surgery included reconstructive and re-animation surgery. Specific breast surgery training included all aspects of breast surgery and all techniques of breast reconstructive surgery.
Dr Kippen has appointment and admitting rights at Sydney Adventist Hospital, Castlecrag Private Hospital and Macquarie University Hospital, and performs day surgery at Pittwater Day Surgery in Mona Vale. He has previously held positions on various Medical Advisory Committees. Dr Kippen is actively involved in teaching and mentoring younger plastic surgeons and other medical and allied medical staff. His Mona Vale practice has dedicated operative facilities to allow many procedures to be performed under local anaesthetic.
Dr Kippen has lived in Sydney since 1996. He has competed in sport at a national level and he still maintains a strong interest and actively participates in competitive sport.
Dr Kippen has recently stopped practicing pure cosmetic surgery to concentrate on symptom indicated procedures which is procedures for the correction or resolution of symptoms.
Dr John Kippen’s specialties include:
- Breast – Symptomatic Breast Reduction, Symptomatic Breast Lift, Augmentation for asymmetry or tuberous breasts, Breast Reconstruction, Inverted Nipple, Nipple Reconstruction, Gynaecomastia, Capsulectomies and removal of implants (en bloc).
- Abdomen – Symptomatic Abdominaoplasty, Hernias
- Symptomatic Labioplasty
- Arm reduction following weight loss
- Fat transfer for contour deformities
- Liposuction for buffalo humps
- Skin Cancers – Primary closure, flap or graft reconstruction
Appointments & Enquiries
Enter your details below to request an appointment and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Please note, your appointment isn’t set until you receive confirmation.